One Day Workshop ~ 10 Participants Only
Professional & Personal Development
Open to Beginners & Experienced
Lunch and Refreshments Served
Physical – Body: learn self-adjustment for proper posture, stance, movement, increased energy and breath control; vocal: produce a voice of quality and vocal care
Mind – Develop your mindfulness to self-care, release anxiety, improve memory and musicality and gain confidence.
Diversity – Increase your vocal skills to vary genre, styles and difficulty as a vocalist, blend in a choir and/or be the soloist with confidence.
Practice Plan – Build a personalised warm-up, practice and cool-down plan specific for vocal health.
Voice Care – Study techniques to keep your voice, physical instrument and mind healthy reducing sore and hoarse voice and tight, sore jaw and neck.
Yoga Routine – A yoga and meditation sequence to prepare your body, and mind for great singing.
The curriculum of the workshop is aimed at improving your voice production, harmony, ear and overall performance in singing.
- Introduction to the anatomy of singing – anatomy of the respiratory system and skeletal and muscular structure for proper breathing, correct posture and movement.
- Examine and practice correct deep breathing, proper breath techniques specific for singers that improve stamina, phrasing and quality of breath
- Advanced breathing techniques that strengthen the respiratory system, muscles of the torso that support / stabilise the breath and singing
- Practice correct engagement of your core muscles: abdominals, psoas, back and side torso muscles for increased sound quality – deep and high, forte and piano.
- Learn proper sitting, standing/balancing (for long periods of standing) and movement for optimal singing
- Release the tension and pain in your jaw, tongue, neck, shoulders and back (whole body)
- Best practices to blend in a choir through intuitive ear training techniques
- Solo and Group singing technique practice
- Improve the quality of sound, tone, attack, gain quality of lower notes and reduce metallic highs
- How to expand your range safely long term, maintain your range as you age
- Vocal and health care
- Improve your instrument – utilise the mind and physical simultaneously
You are a choice to sing one song or piece. All styles and genres are welcome. A piano accompaniment is provided. You may make use of a piano accompanist or use recorded music.
Please provide sheet music or the lyrics and mp3 version of your recorded music ‘A Week Before the Workshop’.
Memorising of your songs, pieces is recommended but not necessary.
You must know your music, this is not a day to learn the melody and timing. Perfection is not expected, but you must be able to sing the song from beginning to end without stopping. You aim to get feedback, learn and to improve your singing, not to learn the song.
University & College Music/Voice Students
Choir Singers & Small Groups
Band & Back-up Singers
Voice Coaches and Music Teachers* Please see Note for more information.
Special Needs – The intensive is open to those with Special Needs – hearing and visually impaired, as well as other challenges. Please contact Cilica before registering to make sure we can meet your needs.
- Registration is open until the maximum participant’s number is registered, or the registering deadline arrives.
- After registering, please pay within 2 hours to validate your participation.
- As a speciality workshop with a limited number of participants refunds may be given up to 30 days before the start date – less administration fee of $20.
- Cancellations less than 21 days before you may have a refund less the administration fee if you find a replacement, or if Cilica finds one. Once your replacement has registered and paid, you will receive a refund less the administration fee (stated above) within one week.
No-shows or missing part of the event
- If you do not attend or miss part of the event, you will receive no refund or credit. Event participation is limited, and your space counts towards the minimum to run a successful workshop.
Cancellation by Cilica
- We reserve the right to cancel a workshop at any time if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- You receive a 100% refund.
Travell and Medical Insurance
- We suggest getting insurance for your protection in the case of having to cancel last minute for unseen circumstances such as travell delays, illness or injury prior.
General Note on Voice Techniques Taught – Voice skills taught are professional techniques with best practices for a healthy voice.
This intensive is not a one size fits all training by acknowledging your individuality as a singer and honour your courage to improve.
Your images may be made public in a general manner and not to a specific workshop or event.
*Voice Coaches and Music Teachers: by attending the workshop agree to complete the exam at the end. You will pass on what you learn to your students. The exam assures that you fully understand the techniques taught to teach them correctly.
You received a certificate from The Confident Voice for your learning and 50 CPD hours.
Early Bird Sale Ends April 7 2020